Hospital, Carrier Bags and Sharing

This teddy was waiting for hours!
Wow another week has flown by and it's Sunday already, which must mean it's time for another addition of Dean's Weekly Blog, the blog that is in no way SEO optimised. Well what an interesting week I've had. On Wednesday I spent about three hours in our local A&E department (No not for me). Lewis has torn his knee ligaments whilst playing football, so the club stretchered him of the pitch and called and ambulance which took him to hospital. He'd been waiting for nearly two hours before I got there from work, and it was at least an hour and a half after I got there that he was seen. Now my major gripe here isn't with the NHS, I must admit that we have one of the best health care systems in the world. And my gripe wasn't with the staff, as it was clearly very busy that evening. My biggest gripe was with the patients. There seemed to be two major categories of patient sat in the waiting room. Those who were genuinely in agony, with dismembered body parts, or injuries. Or those that decided to go to their local A&E because the GP surgeries were shut, and they needed to renew their prescriptions for paracetamol. The point is that the major delays were caused by a lot of people who really didn't need to be there. So next time you cut your finger whilst slicing the carrots, don't go rushing to hospital because it's a major emergency, it isn't. It's a little scratch, put a plaster on it and man up. You aren't going to die, but you can stop those who genuinely have life threatening injuries from being left to wait for no reason.

Would you like a bag for that sir?
Also this week, whilst shopping I got accosted again by the scourge of the supermarkets. What am I talking about, I'm sure you've all met her. I mean the carrier bag Nazi. You know the ones I mean. You go to the checkout with a trolley full of shopping and they ask you if you have your own carrier bags, which lets be honest unless your my mum, no-one carries around twenty five carrier bags in case they want to do the weekly shop. So you have to ask for some carrier bags. Now normal till operators will just place a pile of carrier bags at the end of the checkout for you to fill with your shopping after it has been scanned. But the carrier bag Nazi will only give you three carrier bags, even though she can see the amount of shopping you have placed on the conveyor belt. And when you've filled those carrier bags with the first few items and have to ask for some more, she looks at you like you've asked to piss on her kids. I mean come on, it's not as if by giving me enough carrier bags to place my shopping in the company will go bust, The checkout assistant won't suddenly be fired for breaking the company carrier bag policy. The world won't spontaneously combust due to the amount of carrier bags you use. Besides what are the alternatives, what are you supposed to do with all your shopping? would you like some carrier bags sir?, No thanks, I'll just teleport them direct into my cupboards from here thanks! or maybe, no thanks I'll get my army of monkeys to carry all my shopping direct to the car, but thanks for your offer. NO, of course I want some carrier bags, how the fuck am I supposed to get my shopping out of the store without them!

 I know it's not my usual sign of piece, but whilst trawling the internet this week, I came across this fantastic gif, and thought that I'd share it with all of you. It pretty much sums up everything so enjoy I did.


That's it for my rantings this week, why not join me again next week, when I'll probably get annoyed with something else and rage about it on the Internet. Peace out mother bitches!

Comments

Popular Posts