Valentines, Bacon Pancakes and Early Ends

True, very true!
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest edition of Deans Weekly blog, the blog that is technically named incorrectly, as last week I didn't write a blog post. I apologise for this oversight, and you can punish me accordingly, yes punish me! PUNISH ME! as an excuse all I can offer is that real life got in the way again, contrary to popular belief I don't spend my entire existence looking at pictures of cats on the Internets, and due to a rather messy house, and a shit load of washing and ironing with my name on it, last weeks blog never happened. This my friends is the joys of single life. On the plus side though, this past Thursday on valentines day I never had to run around like a mad man, trying to find the right gift for the love of my life. Then being in the doghouse because although you're a man, and you don't really do shopping or understand the subtle difference between things, you ended up buying the wrong shade make-up or the wrong perfume fragrance. I never had to try and get some flowers only to find that most places had sold out, and you could only get a few roses from your local petrol station, that frankly look as though they have been placed in petrol instead of water. I never had to try and find that card that says exactly how I feel about you, but end up picking one that ends up comically asking for a blow-job. No I never had to do any of these things at all. Is it a sad life being single, sometimes yes. But on days like valentines day, I'm quite glad I am.

Also this week it was the national institution that is pancake day, now I know that pancake day historically has its roots in the lent season, but I love the fact that they have their own national day, and virtually every household across the country dug the frying pans out and were making pancakes. Of course on the other hand, the fact that it was pancake day meant that all across the social networks, tosser jokes and pictures of pancakes proliferated. It's almost as big as the day itself, national make a tosser joke day. The greatest thing about this pancake day though, was that it gave me the opportunity to combine my love of pancakes, with my love of all things random on the Internet. For those of you out there that don't know me, or follow our gaming page Gamer 4 Life (And why don't you, if we have a zombie Apocalypse then you'll not be on the list of people to save, and you'll end up getting ravaged by hordes of flesh eating zombies) you may not have seen the Adventure Time video that has sparked an Internet phenomenon, bacon pancakes. Anyway after months of singing the bacon pancakes song, it was finally the opportunity to put it into practise and try them. Now for most Americans it probably doesn't seem strange at all, in fact I think that they eat them quite regularly as part of their breakfast routine, but for the English and their rigid ways, the mix of pancakes and bacon seems abhorrent. If it isn't lemon juice and sugar then we generally don't want to know, the fact that shops are filled with little squeezy plastic lemons for the whole month of February, but you can't find a tub of maple syrup anywhere shows how un-imaginative we are. Anyway I made some pancakes and had them with bacon, and the upshot of it all, they were absolutely gorgeous and will now form part of my yearly pancake routine. And after all this rambling, here is the video that started it all off.



Right I'm going to end this weeks blog early as I'm running out of time, I need to get the housework done before going to the gym this afternoon. So I bid you all farewell, and maybe next week I'll get up a little earlier and manage to get a full blog post written.


Comments

Popular Posts